The Saint Leo the Great Catholic School sports program offers interscholastic athletic competition within the context of Catholic values. The philosophy and educational mission of the school are the foundation of all its policies, procedures, activities, and events. The sports program enriches and supports the school community by:
* Providing a positive athletic experience for children of all ability levels.
* Teaching and upholding the attitude, standards, and actions consistent with the Word of God and challenging those which are not.
* Promoting good sportsmanship and respect for all persons and property.
* Fostering behaviors needed for teamwork including commitment, responsibility, self-discipline, cooperation, and appreciation for the contribution of others.
* Emphasizing that the success attained in the process of improvement, both individually and as a team, is of a higher priority than the success of winning.
The sports program educates and coaches the whole child in an environment, which reflects the Gospel message and supports each student-athlete’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual growth. It recognizes that each athlete is, first and foremost, a student whose primary responsibility is to his/her schoolwork and academic progress. The sports program develops those qualities, which can be useful today and later in life, enabling the student to become a knowledgeable, skilled respectful, cooperative and spirited team player.
The Athletic Director is Joe Ramirez and he can be contacted via email: email@example.com.
Sports teams are available for 5th – 8th grade students.
* Fall Sports – Boys Football, Girls Volleyball
* Winter Sports – Boys and Girls Basketball
* Spring Sports – Boys Volleyball or Track, Girls Softball or Track
For more details on the Athletic Program and the eligibility of students, click on Athletic Handbook.